Facebook has now transformed the way that we keep in touch with our loved ones. Instead of emailing or calling some through the phone a person can now just send text through Facebook messenger over the internet connection. We now have a Facebook app which lets you use Facebook through any mobile device on any platform.
If you‘re accessing Facebook’s mobile site which offers a quick and convenient way of accessing its most common features but sometimes you might have to view the full version of Facebook in order to complete your work. Although, when you visit facebook.com from your Android phone or tablet, you will be mostly redirected to the by default mobile version of facebook site.
However, there are several ways to for accessing the desktop version of Facebook on Android device.
I have mentioned three methods below to access facebook desktop version which works fine but in case if any single of them don't work then simply go for the next method.
1.Through Chrome browser
If you’re using an Android device, you might be familiar with Chrome browser which might be a default browser for some phones. Using Chrome, you can quickly open desktop version of Facebook:
- Open Chrome and type facebook.com in URL bar
- Browser will still show mobile site but tap on three dots beside URL bar
- Now select “Request Desktop Site” option from the drop-down menu
how to access facebook desktop version on android
- The website will automatically reload, and you will now see a Desktop version of Facebook.com
- Below is the screenshot of www.facebook.com desktop site version
www.facebook.com desktop site
2.By visiting www.facebook.com/home.php
This is a very easy and simplest way to access the desktop version of Facebook not just on Android device but on any mobile device.You can also use this Tip in Iphone.It doesn’t matter which version of iOs you use or which browser you use,this solution works like a charm.
- Open any browser on your Android phone
- Login to your Facebook account using the mobile version of website
- Now tap on URL bar and type www.facebook.com/home.php in your browser
- Reload the site and you’ll see a desktop version of Facebook.
3.Changing the UAString in your browser
If you’re not using default Chrome browser or doesn’t like to use Chrome you can also access the Desktop version of the Facebook by changing UAString or User Agent String within the settings of your desired browser.
- Goto browser settings
- Find advanced settings from the menu
- Scroll down and select “UAString” or “Website Preference(UA)” in your browser
- Tap on “Desktop version” which will change the browser to always render the full desktop version of the websites you visit.
- You will now see a Desktop version of every website you visit on your desired browser, or if you use UC Browser on your Android, you can change UAString or Website Preference for a particular website like Facebook to Desktop version just by going into settings. It is better instead of using “request for Desktop site” everytime you visit any website.
So Friends these were the easy methods to access desktop version of facebook on your android phone.Ultimately, if you want a full fledge experience of Facebook you need to open the website on a PC or Mac. These were some tips how to access facebook’s desktop version on your Android device.